Reflections on this year's exhibits


Looking back on the twelve shows I did this year, it’s been a successful season overall by many standards. In a declining economy, my sales are trending upward (thank you!), and I’ve had better acceptance than ever at art shows.  I’ve managed to get into many of the top shows on the east coast, some of which I will apply to again, and some of which I won’t. My new work is pleasing not only you, but me as well.
I’ve met some wonderful folks on the circuit and nothing makes me happier than when collectors allow me to photograph the artwork that they purchased from me hanging in their homes and workplace. From a brownstone in South Philly to a vacation home in Eaglesmere, here are some examples of my limited edition photographs hanging in their new destination.





I believe that when you look at something I've shot and pay for it, both in terms of your money and something much more valuable, your time, you are entitled to get the best I can produce. This is not a hobby, it is a profession
Finally, to top it off, I’ve won a few awards along the way and had some wonderful exhibitions including,


National Park Service Calendar

New Hope Art show, 1st place in Photography
Delaware Valley Artist Guild, Honorable Mention.
Vala Vineyard, Avondale, PA
Perkins Center for the Arts, Moorestown, NJ
Tyme Gallery, Havertown, PA
Chadds Ford juried art show, Chadds Ford, PA
Annex 24 Gallery, Lancaster, PA      
Immaculata University, Rosemont, PA
Rehoboth Arts League, Rehoboth, DE
Z Gallery, West Chester,PA

I think that’s it. At least those are the ones that come to mind. Thank you, judges, jurors and of course the collectors who continue to inspire me and to put into perspective what I do.


To view my fine art photography please visit me here.

Comments

Popular Posts